As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Implementing change

Since the beginning of March I keep track of various metrics regarding my study. It's a way of staying focused. The set of metrics I used was just a try-out. I changed the metrics a bit today. As long as it serves my purpose.
* motivation: study hrs/wk
* focus: repeat-sessions;
* support: new repeat-items
* success: #exercises done
* efficiency. (not defined yet)
A sort of personal CMM.
* 'Motivated'
* 'Focused'
* 'Supported'
* 'Successful'
* 'Efficient'
I am motivated and working on the other levels to achieve. I need to focus more on actually 'doing' math, solving problems, doing exercises and proofs and writing papers. Not to publish them but to get experienced in the mechanics of it. Writing beautiful TeX to start with. I have more than enough ideas, things I want to research. More on that later. - Exercises: I found a few exercises on Rings and Fields, with answers, and here is another set. It is my goal to do most of them in the forthcoming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)