As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

About students and tutors.

TMA Machine is another OU ( Mathematics ) student with a blog on http://catbear.wordpress.com/. In his right sidebar he maintains a list of OU Students with a blog. I thought about copying them to my bar but since the whole idea of the WorldWideWEB is linking ( and thus not copying ) I simply provide the link.

While reading some other blogs I realized that it is quite a handicap that Englush is not my native language. And worse I don't see much improvement either while reading back some of the posts I have written over the years. - ( Making a thought jump here. ) - Which proves my point that self-studying mathematics is nice but having a tutor looking at your work once in a while is the only -guarantee- that you will make any progress. If some English teacher would comment on the English in my blog entries I would have made some progress.

Ramanujan, considered to be one of the greatest mathematicians who ever lived,  was mainly a self-taught mathematician when he came to England to work with Hardy. It showed immediately: Ramanujan wasn't able to construct a simple formal mathematical proof. He could only progress in that area with the help of Hardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)