As of May 4 2007 the scripts will autodetect your timezone settings. Nothing here has to be changed, but there are a few things

Please follow this blog

Search this blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

M208-TMA03 Continued

M208 - TMA03, question 5a-d done, e in daft, f to do. And Q6 of course.

It may look as though I am terribly struggling with this TMA. I am not. Linear Algebra is the first topic I started to study in my pre-OU days while mathematics was a hobby without deadlines and TMA's. I am just being perfectionistic. I have to since my marks on the previous two were as low as possible on the tutor's interpretation band. I would like to think of a tutor happily sitting behind his desk, marking... ja-ba-da-ba-da, marking, tra-la-la, being happy. Taking all the time answering questions of students via e-mail, phone and other media. And of course ambitiuously preparing extremely interesting lectures ( called tutorials in OU-speak ), besides that the tutor is doing his / her own research. - We wouldn't think of a tutor viciously marking thinking of any means to destroy a student's motivation, pleasure, ambitions, dreams regarding any mathematical future they dream of because they haven't quite made it as far as Stephen Hawking did. - The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, although I hope for all of us I merely had a black thought and the first option is, of course, true. I wish I was in the Truman Show.

Anyway. Since a very long time I am thinking of writing a program for myself again. Programming can be fun, but it all depends on what the code does. I spent some time learning Mathematica features I didn't know yet, like NotebookCreate, Manipulate and so in. And Grid which is nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Bridge

Mathematics: is it the fabric of MEST?
This is my voyage
My continuous mission
To uncover hidden structures
To create new theorems and proofs
To boldly go where no man has gone before




(Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion, colloquially aka Raumpatrouille Orion was the first German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD beginning September 17, 1966. The series has since acquired cult status in Germany. Broadcast six years before Star Trek first aired in West Germany (in 1972), it became a huge success.)